Malati Marlene Shinazy, MEd, CCMP© (she/her)
As a 5th generation multi-racial San Franciscan, I learned the importance appreciating differences at a young age. After college, I immediately dove into the emerging field of diversity and inclusion in education; later as a D&I, leadership, and employee engagement consultant for adult organizations. I also served as VP, Chief Leadership, Talent and OD Officer, weaving elements of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging into every initiative.
Recognizing that teens are in the ideal developmental stage to stabilize values of inclusiveness, I worked with students to develop TEENdiversophy™ The Game as a stand-alone learning experience. Now, TEENdiversophy™ is also a consulting and professional development firm. It exits as a robust youth-focused sister company to adult-focused Pacific Leadership Consultants.
A research geek, my first book was the result of cross-generationl research with a stratified sample of millennial employees: Listening To Millennials: 56 Priceless Tips For Managers, Balboa Press, IN, 2016.
Additional publications include, Cultural Self-Awareness in Leadership Teams in Global Competence: 50 Training Activities for Succeeding in International Business, as well as multiple articles for Association for Talent Development, The Honolulu Star Advertiser, and the Bitchin’ Ol’ Boomer Babe storytelling site.
My free time is spent vigorously exercising and encouraging newly diagnosed people who are also fighting the rare degenerative muscle disease, Inclusion Body Myositis.
- The Needs of Parents of High-Risk Ethnic Minority Students (client funded)
- Determining Teachers’ Understanding of How Youth View Diversity and Inclusion (US National Guard Youth Challenge Program Grant)
- The Philanthropic Giving Patterns of Six Ethnic Groups (Ford Foundation Grant)
- American Association of University Women
- Association for Talent Development
- California and Nevada School Safety Symposium
- International Public Management Association for Human Resources
- National Association of Independent Schools Annual Conference
- National Charter School Conference
- Northern California Diversity Forum
- University of Cincinnati Annual Diversity Conference
- YWCA California, Annual Diversity Conference
- Director of Diversity, Inclusion & Community Relations: The Lincoln School, Providence, RI
- Instructor: University of California, Santa Barbara: Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Parent Educator, ECE Teacher Trainer: De Anza College, CA
- Certified Teacher and Substitute Teacher: Pennsylvania and California public and independent schools
- MEd, Cabrini University, Radnor, Pennsylvania
- BA, University of California, Davis
- Continuing Ed: University of California, Berkeley Extension
- The Leadership Challenge® Certified Facilitator
- Prosci® Certified Change Management Professional