MORE ABOUT THE GAME
The Game is currently available for live, in-classroom play, as well as online play. The slides have five types of cards, each with a specific learning goal.
After the slide deck has been organized by the facilitator, players rotate who will answer a card/slide.
CARD TYPES & LEARNING GOALS
- diversiSMARTS (green) cards challenge players factual knowledge of specific cultural topics.
- diversiCHOICE (yellow) cards ask players to make decisions about how best to respond in specific social situations.
- diversiSHARE (blue) cards enhance communication by asking players to share something about themselves, opinions, feelings, or behaviors. The underlying messages are: we are all different, even in our own cultural groups, and that we can continue to learn from each other.
- diversiRISK: (red) cards put players in situations that are beyond their control. In a non-threatening way players experience how differences can create unexpected benefits or costs.
- diversiGUIDE cards offer wisdom from different cultures, encouraging players to discuss how the quote relates to their lives.
The most important guideline is for students to collaborate, creating a safe playing environment where they can:
- Practice keeping an open mind for learning new information and ideas.
- Practice speaking, listening, and replying to others with respect.
Purchase TEENdiversophy™ The Game: Gen 2