MORE ABOUT THE GAME
The Game is currently available for live, in-classroom play, as well as online play. The slides have five types of cards, each with a specific learning goal.
After the slide deck has been organized by the facilitator, players rotate who will answer a card/slide.
CARD TYPES & LEARNING GOALS
- diversiSMARTS (green) cards challenge players factual knowledge of specific cultural topics.
- diversiCHOICE (yellow) cards ask players to make decisions about how best to respond in specific social situations.
- diversiSHARE (blue) cards enhance communication by asking players to share something about themselves, opinions, feelings, or behaviors. The underlying messages are: we are all different, even in our own cultural groups, and that we can continue to learn from each other.
- diversiRISK: (red) cards put players in situations that are beyond their control. In a non-threatening way players experience how differences can create unexpected benefits or costs.
- diversiGUIDE cards offer wisdom from different cultures, encouraging players to discuss how the quote relates to their lives.
Guidelines and debriefing ideas are included in the Facilitator’s Guide.
The most important guideline is for students to collaborate, creating a safe playing environment where they can:
- Practice keeping an open mind for learning new information and ideas.
- Practice speaking, listening, and replying to others with respect.
Purchase TEENdiversophy™ The Game: Gen 2